UNP MP Sarath Fonseka said today the governments that were in office since 2010 should be held responsible for the series of terror attacks on Easter Sunday and jagged out that it was not fair to blame only the IGP.
He told a news discussion that the terror attacks might have been planned for quite a sometime and as such both governments should be held responsible for the attacks.
He said if the intelligence device had been better equipped and updated, these attacks could have been averted.
“After the war ended, I was really concerned about firming the intelligence service in the country in a more actual manner. However, I was not allowed to do so,” the MP said and added that the particular terrorist organization that had carried out the attacks in Sri Lanka might consist of at least 200 members.