Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka yesterday (02) said that he did not consider former defense secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa was behind the Easter Sunday terror attack.
He told the media in Kandy after meeting Mahanayake Theras that this issue had been there for seven to eight years minimum.
“The ‘Good Governance Government’ and the government in power before 2015 had also received grievances and information on the terror ensemble. Former defense secretary Rajapaksa had also received this information but he also did not take necessary action. So, he also cannot get away from the accountability,” he said.
He said he would deliver flawlessly well if he was handed over the duties of the Law and Order Ministry.
“I will not request that I must get it. But it is better if someone with a essentially proven track record gets it,’ he said.